IAE International Affiliations
IAE is a member of Euro-CASE, the European Council of Applied Sciences, Technologies, and Engineering. This is a European non profit-making organisation of national Academies from twenty two European countries.
Euro-CASE has access to top level European experience and provides impartial, independent and balanced advice on technological issues with a clear European dimension to the EU and its Agencies.
This unique resource of experts of 6,000 individual Fellows of 22 national Academies is the core of Euro-CASE.
The IAE has developed close working relationships with several international Academies including:
- The Royal Academy of Engineering UK
- The Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences (IAV)
- The National Academy of Engineering in the USA
- The Chinese Academy of Engineering
- The German Academy of Engineering (acatech)
The IAE has been nominated for membership of CAETS, the International Council of Academies of Engineering and Technological Sciences. This will be particularly important in promoting the image of Ireland and building valuable connections.
The IAE has engaged with other Euro-CASE members in developing policy in the following areas:
- Engineering Education & Research